Green fungus : New epidemic? Cause, symptoms and prevention.
As the country coping with the second wave of Coronavirus, we've got been witnessing rising cases of black fungus, white fungus and yellow fungus. Now, the first-ever 'green fungus' case has been detected within the country. A 34-year-old Covid-19 survivor had been diagnosed with green fungus infection in Madhya Pradesh's Indore. After many states have already declared Black fungus as an epidemic. Now people are confused about what is green Fungus? How it is different from black and white fungus?
What is green fungus?
“Green fungus” or Aspergillosis is an infection caused by an Aspergillus. Aspergillus is a common mould, it can live indoors as well as outdoor. However, people with low or weak immune systems or people having any lung diseases are at a higher risk of developing health problems due to Aspergillus, i.e., green fungus.
Symptoms of Green Fungus
• coughing up blood
• shortness of breath
• Nose Bleeding
• High Fever
• Weakness or Fatigue
• Weight loss
According to Doctor, all the above symptoms were found in the patient who was airlifted from Indore to Mumbai. "The patient recovered, but then he started having nose bleeds and a high fever. He had also become very weak due to weight loss," the doctor said.
How to prevent green fungus?
• according to doctors this is a kind of rare fungal infections, which can only be prevented by maintaining good hygiene, oral and physical cleanliness.
• People should try their best to avoid areas with a lot of dust and stored contaminated water. If one cannot avoid these areas, wear an N95 respirator for prevention.
• Try to avoid all the activities that involve close contact with soil or dust.
• People should try to keep washing their face and hands well with soap and water, especially if they have been exposed to soil or dust.
• Eat immunity-boosting food and eat home-cooked food as much as possible.